Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Catch up

It has been a while since I have posted on my blog with the holidays and such. We had a wonderful holiday even though is was pretty hectic. The kids got more toys than you could possibly imagine along with many outfits and trinkets. Mary and Leyland both got digital cameras (why they need them I don't know) lol. Leyland has increased her vocabulary exponentially in the past couple of weeks. She is like my own personal little parrot always at my feet. I guess it's time to work on improving my vocab before she picks up some words she shouldn't. Incidentally, this has been rather hard for Dustin to do. For those of you who don't know he has a tendency to have a foul mouth especially when playing video games. He has been working carefully to try and replace his choice words with less offensive ones. Instead of the usual "Phooey" or "Crap", Dustin chooses to make up his own words. His latest invented phrase is "Doo Doo Butter". I'm not really sure why he chose this phrase, but that is what he said. Of course the little parrot picked up on it and is now constantly filling the house with the sound of "DOO DOO BUTTER". It's quite lovely I assure you. She has also taken to calling Dustin and I by our first names. She still uses Mommy and Daddy most of the time but she will occasionally pipe up with "Hey Whint Ney" or "DUSSIN.... EAT". It's quite hilarious, but I should probably nip it in the bud before she becomes one of those kids who consistently calls her parents by their names. Corey can now relocate himself whenever he pleases. He can scooch across the floor (not crawling but moving). He can roll all across the floor, which seems to be the most effective method of transportation at this point. Sometimes, he falls asleep in his bouncy seat before his middle of the night feeding, so I just let him sleep there until he wakes up to eat. The other night I had swaddled him and put him in the bouncy seat. As a result of swaddling him I could not fasten the belt. I woke up to the sounds of his little voice cooing and found him lying on the floor. Apparently the little weasel squirmed out of his seat. Needless to say, that put an end to the sleeping in the bouncy seat. Anyway, now that I have written a book I suppose I'll stop for now and write another chapter later. Lata!

No comments: