Monday, November 10, 2008

Free Bird


If you read my mom's blog, you know that Leyland is now a free bird. I have been extremely lucky the past two years because she has been content to sit in her play yard whenever I needed her to. She would sit there so I could take a shower or clean; but most importantly she was perfectly willing to lie in there when she decided to wake up at 4am. She would be as happy as could be sitting there watching Elmo or Barney. Those days are no more. The day I was so sick last week was the day she figured out how to escape (absolutely perfect timing). Now I can plop her in there and she might be distracted long enough for me to accomplish a simple chore, but as soon as she remembers that she can get out... she's out. Now, you are more likely to find Corey in the play pen so Leyland can't get to him. She loves Corey so much, but she doesn't understand that she can't pick him up, feed him, throw him, etc... So anyway, it's a major adjustment. The living room is pretty much baby-proof... but you just can't forget about ANYTHING. She will find it. I hope everyone will have a lovely week. I guess I'll have to switch my blogging to nap-time. :)

No comments: