Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving.... and the day after !!!!







I am very excited about Thanksgiving. Not because I love food (I do) but because I will have the chance to see all of my family in the space of a few days. Also, I've been gearing up for two months for the shopping marathon that is Black Friday. For the past five years, I've managed to get ALL my Christmas shopping done on that day. It is one of my favorite things to do, not only because you get some amazing deals, but my Mom has gone with me for the past three years, and we have a lot of fun. Last year, we were both sick with bronchitis and she made me laugh so hard I threw up.... I know it may not sound like fun, but it is. Trust me. Many people say that they wouldn't venture out of their homes on that fateful day because of the long lines and ruthless people fighting over .50 socks. I love it. I have never been in a "fight" over anything... it's more about strategizing so that you get to the item you want before it's gone. Anyway, I digress. I get to go to my Dad's parents' on Thursday, Dustin's Grandparents' Friday (after all the shopping, if I haven't "shopped till I dropped"), and then Sunday we double dip and go to my Mom's side and my step-mother's side. So we totally do 4 Thanksgiving dinners. Dustin said "I love Thanksgiving because we get to eat and eat and not cook". I just love getting to see everyone.

1 comment:

CathyB said...

Like mother, like daughter. I too am excited about all the good food! And the shopping. I'm glad you decided against Midnight Madness at Commerce. I'll hold off on the Benadryl in your drink. Friday will be fun, and I love spending the day with you. Hopefully no-one will be sick this year and no cough-and-laugh-and-cough-until-you-vomit episodes, but I'm sure there will be some drink spewing going on. It's a tradi-toyn. Love, Mom