Monday, November 3, 2008

Rock the Vote



Okay, so I am not going to fill up my blog with a bunch of political crap that you hear about all over the news and on tons of other blogs (like my mom's) but I will encourage everyone to go vote. Don't believe everything that you hear about the long lines (I'm sure some lines will be long in certain places) but since most of you live in rural areas like myself, you won't have to worry about these marathon lines. My mom and I went and voted last friday (the last day of advanced voting). There were probably 200 people at the court house annex, but the whole process only took us about 15 minutes. It was painless, and I felt really good about excersizing my political voice. I personally voted McCain/Palin, but I also encourage those of you who support Obama to vote. If you haven't been following the plans of the senators, visit their websites for an overview of their plans. Obama supporters can visit here and McCain supporters can visit here. I would also advise that if you have no information about either candidate, please DO NOT vote until you have done a little research. I mean don't vote one way or the other based on race. That means don't vote for Obama because he is black, and don't vote against him because he is black. Take the time to see who's policies you agree with most, then go Rock the vote!! I just went to the McCain website and you can click on "Job Plan" "Healthcare Plan" etc.. for a synopsis. If you live in GA pack an umbrella for tomorrow just in case the lines are long. You can do it!!!!

1 comment:

K8Russell said...

So this is absolutely unrelated, but I felt the need to share. I just read that they are COMPLETELY getting rid of Erica on Grey's Anatomy. As in, this week is her last appearance. And they aren't getting any immediate replacement for her. Sounds like your theory on Callie/Sloan could be valid! Thoughts? Comments?