Thursday, October 23, 2008

Abby Cadabby


For those of you who don't know, we (meaning Leyland) are currently obsessed with Abby Cadabby (Elmo's very cute fairy best friend). Okay, so I have to admit that I somewhat forced this obsession on her because the Abby clothes etc are far cuter than any other character out there. So for Leyland's birthday party we did Elmo/Abby it was a huge hit and thanks to my cousin Abby (purely coincidence) Leyland had an adorable dress with a custom embroidery design. Anyway, I digress. I decided that Leyland would be Abby Cadabby for halloween. We found her an Abby candy bucket and there is an Abby costume out there but in my opinion it is hideous. So since I am into making hairbows and tutus, I decided that I would just make her costume. I completed the tutu yesterday and it is absolutely precious. I still have to make her hair bows, but I don't think that will take me long once I have the time to devote to it. Mom bought Leyland some Abby PJ's and so she is just going to wear that under her tutu. I thought the "real" costume was retarded because it was sleeveless and really thin. I mean this is going to be the end of October at night, I don't want Leyland prancing around in just a flimsy little (ugly) thing. Anyway I can't wait for her to put the whole outfit on together. It's sure to be cute. Corey is going to be a dinosaur. Unfortunately, I do not yet possess the talents required to make a dinosaur costume (Dustin didn't want him to be a ballerina) so I guess I'll just have to settle with purchasing his costumes. Well, I hope everyone has a pleasant day. I am currently working on a blog that I hope you will find as funny as I do; maybe I'll finish it today. (Just so you know I am aware that I use a ridiculous amount of parentheses in my blogs...)

5 comments:

Franchesca Hill said...

do have to say I love the baby on the wall

K8Russell said...

I kinda have an awkward wish to be Abby. She wears awesome outrageous colors, is a fairy, and everyone loves her. Why cant my life be that cool?

Whit.Veal said...

it can... come over I'll make you a tutu :)

K8Russell said...

I vote you go through an entire week of posting without the use of parentheses. Im not so sure you can do it : )

Whit.Veal said...

I can't. (I can't even comment without them)