Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Weekend

Well, the weekend was utterly exhausting as well as tons of fun. We went to pick up Mary in Gainesville about 4pm Friday. We came home and I made the girls some macaroni and cheese. Mary informed me that I am a better cook than her mother (which I appreciate since it was a box of Mac). After dinner, Mary and Leyland enjoyed a relaxing evening with a couple of good books. Saturday morning we got up with the sun to get ready to go to the fall festival. It was very very cold so everyone was bundled up. We met up with Lynn, MawMaw, and my niece, Bailey. Bailey and Mary had a blast! Lynn bought them day passes for all of the inflatable things (moonwalk, pirate ship, rocket, etc). They rode each of them about 84,000 times. So Lynn took Mary and Bailey around while Dustin and I took the little ones to get a bite to eat and look at stuff. Leyland got on the moonwalk, but refused to do anything but just lie there. After about 15 minutes, we finally convinced her to come out. We got some delicious homemade ice cream, and Leyland got to have her own bowl which thrilled her to no end. She was very careful and didn't really make too much of a mess. We met up with Lynn to retrieve Mary. They had gone to see the petting zoo and play in the corn box. Mary kept telling me that she had dried corn kernels in her pants. I figured she had a couple of pieces, but when we got home and got ready for bath she took off her pants to reveal over 100 kernels. I am not exaggerating at all. We counted to 100 and I have continued to find kernels since she went home. Mary went home Sunday after a visit to Dustin's Grandparents' house. She fell asleep approximately four seconds after we left. Leyland was asleep when we dropped Mary off and woke up about half way home and said "Where Mae?" (she has advanced from Bee to Mae). Leyland spiked a fever Sunday night and after the Doctor visit yesterday we learned that she has a virus which causes pink eye, sore throat, and fever. Corey was such a prince all weekend long! He was so chill at the Fall Festival. He was also the cutest boy there in his dinosaur outfit that Aunt Kate bought him. The weekend was busy busy and fun fun fun :)

2 comments:

K8Russell said...

That outfit makes me SOOOO happy. Glad yall love it too. Also, can we please discuss how long Mary's hair is? I think it grew two feet since the last time I saw her (which is entirely possible)

Franchesca Hill said...

too cute. glad y'all had fun. You are very brave to get them all out:) I am still weary of taking my 2 out, due to Isaac's split personalities. My little man.